What should be included in our Emergency Action Plan?
Coaches/teams should be able to answer the following questions:
- Location of AEDs and cooling methods at all practice and game fields
- Mechanism to call 999 or 101
- Training in CPR and AED
- Who are the allocated First Aiders?
- Defined emergency routes to facilities and designated personnel to meet and direct emergency responders
- Procedures for facility / university where session is being conducted
- Full address of venue
- Club / University key contact numbers
- Address of nearest hospital
- Personnel to stay with child if parent/guardian is not present
- Player/parent phone numbers available and personnel dedicated to contact family
- Player/coach medical information
- Personnel to stay with rest of team