BAFCA Announces Partnership with USA Football
The British American Football Coaches Association is delighted to announce a partnership with USA Football to support the development of coach education in Great Britain. The partnership will be focused on five strands, which will not only support the development of our educators and qualification system, but also enhance opportunities for our members and their continued professional development. The five elements to the partnership include:
1. BAFCA members having an individualised portal as part of the USA Football website.
2. BAFCA members having the ability to undertake specific training courses online, which will ensure certain BAFCA qualifications are kept up to date.
3. BAFCA members having access to many resources and additional online qualifications, which will support the BAFCA Continued Professional Development structure, our Level 1 to 4 BAFCA qualifications and our new Leadership and Management qualification that is being announced.
4. USA Football to support and engage at BAFCA’s annual Coaching Convention.
5. Finally, our BAFCA education team will work with USA Football education team in undertaking their master trainer qualification, as well as having access to specific development opportunities that will support the delivery of our coach education and contact system courses across Great Britain.
BAFCA President Wayne Hill commented “I am extremely happy that we are able to announce this partnership. There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes that has enabled us to get to this point. I would like to thank the team at USA Football that we have been working with, as they have been extremely supportive and accommodating. I would also like to recognise the support of BAFA and IFAF for their cooperation with BAFCA in developing this partnership.
“During my time in Indianapolis at the USA Football Head Office it was great to hear about the exciting future developments at USA Football and how these align seamlessly with BAFCA’s development plans.”
Wayne went on to say, “This partnership will allow BAFCA to continue to support our coaches in delivering a safer game for our players. The draft education / qualification structure that was released at the convention can now be formally announced. With minor adjustments this will support the fact that we have listened to our members and have dovetailed online certifications with our new qualification structure. This will ensure our members have the ability to keep their certifications up to date and undertake pre-course learning which will support a more practical face to face course delivery.
In the coming days all BAFCA members will receive communication on the next steps of the partnership and how they can log on and start gaining the benefits of the new partnership.